Friday, May 21, 2010

The Looming Battle for Gotham City


I bleed Orange and Blu.During good and bad times I will not change my loyalties. From Ewing and Starks to Chandler and Lee I rep my team, but I'm not blind to the ailments and toxic management/ownership that has poisoned my team for the past decade. James Dolan and his Cablevision piggy bank has been a bane on any real attempts of reviving the New York franchise. Recent moves have put NY in a promising position this summer but nothing is set in stone. I'll believe it when I see it.

In the meantime I sit and watch the storm brewing on the horizon. Sweeping in is a Russian hurricane with nearly $10 billion of creative, confident energy. And in his own words, new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has NYC in his cross hairs.


"We will turn Knicks fans into Nets fans,"




I'm a Knick fan. He's talking to me. Now in truth I don't have to eliminate my Knick ties to become a fan of the soon-to-be Brooklyn team. If they earn my respect then it's mission accomplished. And I could see it happening. A lil dose of Jay-Z, openness to try new things.....he is the ultimate polar opposite to the greedy, secretive media poor James Dolan. I will root for Mikhail just because he is not like Dolan.

These next few years will be interesting in deed for the NY area. Lord knows meaningful basketball has been a thing of ancient memory around here. So we'll see. The war for the City's game is about to begin....

0 comments:

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade