Sunday, December 26, 2010

Soul Legend Teena Marie Passes Away


Online rumor quickly became sad fact as it was learned that world famous songtress Teena Marie passed on today in her home. She was apparently discovered by her daughter after she died in her sleep. So many of the greats have left this plane of existence in recent yrs. Fortunately they'll remain eternal in the expressive arts they've blessed this world with....

Check out some celebs remembering Teena on twitter:
Alicia Keys: God bless Teena Marie & her Family! Sending Blessings &prayers I was just saying that “Fre & Desire” is 1 of the most beautifully performed songs!

Q-Tip: u can run my MINI teena marie playlist back to the top… then do it again. hopefully a young singer can take this blueprint she left. RIP


Diddy tweeted: “R.I.P Teena Marie. God Bless. Damn I just saw her the other day.”

Mary J. Blige: “Rest in peace Teena Marie,” Blige wrote. “My Love for u is forever.”

Common: “Teena and I are both Pisces and we believe that we’ve been here before,” he tweeted. “That’s why ‘De Ja Vu’ is my favorite song.”





Questlove has Teena on rotation here for any looking to get that fix.

1 comments:

Fran said...

such sad news...

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade