Monday, February 28, 2011

The Chef Speaks on Shaolin vs Wu Tang



Rae is clearly in his zone as he prepares this newest project for the masses.

In 2009, the Wu's Raekwon made it clear why his longevity and skill is admired by so many, and even to this day, he's able can compete with the genre's best, especially on the mic. Because that year, he dropped a little album called Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt. II, which has nearly his gold sales -- a major feat, being that he released it independently -- and was touted as one of the standout LPs of the year.
Well, next week, the legendary rapper is hoping for a repeat, when he drops his upcoming fifth studio album, Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang, which Rae calls another classic.

"This one is fire too. It's another classic [following OBFCL 2]. I didn't stop, I managed to keep moving forward, saying 'You know what? I'm really gonna show n****s how I shoot this rifle this time,' " Raekwon explained to BallerStatus.com, during a recent sit down in Los Angeles. "Before I had a nice .45. Now I have a f***in' AK, the new 2012 sh**. The all you do is tap the button sh** and the sh** go 'burrrapp.' You know what I mean? That's where I'm at, mentally, right now.

More after the Jump......



"I'm more of a workhorse now. All I wanted do is show people that is what they slept on ... me being able to do again, that I could do it. Now, my sh** is to do it again," he continued.

Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang is a conceptual album Rae cooked up, offering a metaphorical beef between the Wu and the Shaolin side of the crew, which he calls the "stronger, more disciplined". According to the rapper, the concept follows the same story line of the 1981 kung fu film of the same title, where rival martial arts in the same city, the Shaolin and Wudangquan, battle it out.

0 comments:

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade