Monday, January 23, 2012

Knicks Leaders Openly Seek Answer For Poor Start


I don't over react. I know that this NBA season will be an odd one for a number of reasons, but with all that said the Knicks have too much talent to be in the position they are in. I've never been a fan of coach D'Antoni and the way the Knicks built this team while positive in the overall layout is now completely void of the quality guard player needed to succeed in the league today.

Following Saturday nights double OT loss to Carmelo's old team Denver, there was much soul searching in the NYK locker room.

“A bunch of stuff comes into mind when I’m just sitting here just thinking,” Anthony said. “Maybe I should take the blame for the games that we’ve been losing. The offensive struggles. The coaches do run the offense through me so I’ll take it. I’ll take that blame.”

Anthony is playing hurt and has the shooting percentage to prove it. He's made 35 of his last 105 shots since spraining his left wrist and right ankle. As a result, Anthony revealed he is considering shutting himself down until he gets his body right. He plans to address his medical status with the Knicks’ training staff on Monday.

But Anthony’s issues aren’t just physical. Eleven months after the celebrated trade with the Nuggets, he and Stoudemire are struggling to develop any chemistry. And Anthony, aware of the criticism around him, acknowledged that he could be the problem — maybe.

“I think we as a team need to do a better job getting Amar’e the ball,” Anthony said late Saturday. “I don’t know. I have the ball in my hands, maybe it’s on me. Maybe I need to get him the ball a little bit more. Help him out with that.
“I don’t know. Me and Stat will talk, probably tomorrow, Monday, try to figure it out together. If I’m doing too much I want him to tell me. I want the guys on my team to tell me if I’m doing too much and we’ll handle him like that.”
“Maybe I need to stop shooting a lot I don’t know,” Anthony said. “It’s just a bunch of stuff that goes through my mind right now. Obviously, that’s the case when the shots are not falling. You start thinking that maybe you’re shooting too much.
“For me personally, as one of the leaders of this team, the way the offense goes through me, maybe I shouldn’t put all the blame on myself but that’s just me. I’ll take it. I can deal with that. I can deal with that pressure.”

0 comments:

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade