Wednesday, October 6, 2010

NYers Coming Soon to a Subway near You


In the wake of the several teen suicides, a local group has launched a campaign against homophobia.
The Gay Mens Health Crisis organization on Monday unveiled a series of posters as part of the "I Love My Boo" campaign, designed to promote acceptance of gay men of color.


Organizers say the posters are designed to highlight the trust and intimacy between minority homosexual couples.The group says challenging stereotypes empowers gay and lesbians to have more confidence and take control over their health.

The posters will appear in 1,000 subway cars and 150 subway stations throughout October.


Any thoughts????

3 comments:

evierobbie said...

I'm down for the cause, but I feel like the tag line could be better.

NightFall914 said...

Personally I understand the purpose. I'm not really a fan of the posters not so much for adults for kids but I guess we'll see.

Goddess Intellect said...

iSupport the idea of encoruaging youth to take control of their health...homosexual or not.
It's really a disease, homophobia...just this morning someone tested my patience with disgusting homophobic remarks.... I have zero tolerance for it in my presence, homophobic remarks... I will nvr understand why the sexual preference of another human being not in a relationship with you, would produce hate???!!!

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade