Saturday, June 11, 2011

Soft As Tissue Paper


So I read about the Tracey Morgan situation and I'm sorry, while I get the issue involved, I'm personally tired. I'm tired of folk being made to make lame ass apologies cuz some group is hurt or offended. We are a SOFT ASS NATION!!! You wanna say "fa**ot", "Ni**er" then say it. Say it and own it! These publicist branded "I'm sorry" messages are just P.R moves that hold no weight in regards to what the person feels. And right now Gay folk are the "special" group of the hour.

I mean how do we have shows like South Park and Family Guy yet a comedian can't have the freedom to say what he wants at his own show????

**UPDATE**

After initially supporting Tracy Morgan in the wake of his anti-gay comments, Chris Rock has done an about-face after hearing what Morgan actually said.

“Tracy Morgan is a tad off we all know that so when tracy says something i usually don’t take it anymore serious than i would a statement from gary busey or flavor flav. when i first heard the statement i thought it was offensive but it also reminded me of my father saying ill kill you if you ever bring home a white girl but afterreading everything tracy said. wow i get it that s–t wasn’t called for and i don’t support it at all. now can i please go to the tony awards without getting my ass kicked.” - Chris Rock

1 comments:

Nikks said...

I agree with you to a certain extent. People need to think about what they say and if they decide to go ahead and say, then own your shit and don't apologize for it. I feel you on the P.R. branded "I'm sorry" meaningless crap. Own your ish!

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade