Monday, January 23, 2012

Look What The Internets Found!


“I retired five months after it was released,” Skee-Lo says, drinking coffee at the Denny’s on Crenshaw and 37th, a few blocks from the home he shares with his wife and two children. “Not only did my label [Sunshine] take credit for producing ‘I Wish,’ they took all the profits. So I refused to shoot any more videos, promote or record music. I’m not their slave. I wasn’t working for free.”

If you're from my era than we can only think of one when I say "I wish I was a lil bit taller, I wish I was a baller..." Yes the miniature MC Skee Lo how's 1 hit wonder summed up the plight of the under dog all those years ago quickly went MIA after his song 1st popped. Curious where I disappeared to? Check it out as he resurfaces....





Full Interview via the LA Times 

Source material via MissInfo

0 comments:

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade