Monday, August 2, 2010

The Public Journey of Love.......Love is like Hot Dogs


I've realized something. I enjoy and appreciate the end product of love but I have no real desire to watch the process of love in action 24/7 through the wonder of social media. I feel that it's privacy more then ever that give a relationship that special something that separates it from our other many relationships. When I hear my friend has started a new relationship I wish the best and genuinely hope for good times and a happy ending.(get ya minds out the gutter) Anyway, what will turn me off from that feeling is when my daily browsing of fb, blogs and whatnot are now spammed with a flurry on "my boo, my baby, my love, etc,etc...."

Don't get me wrong, do what ever you want. I just may have to step back and separate from the process. It's kind of like hot dogs. I like them but I'm sure if I watched exactly how their made I'd no longer want one. In relationship terms that translate into the following : Quality over Quantity always wins out. You don't get points for how many ways you can name dropped your significant other. So if you have a good day that was made better and you want to express that then cool. But every single up and down thought doesn't need public exposure.It just makes u seem bi polar, confused, obsessive and crazy. Example, "I'm sitting on the toilet and thinking about my baby in the other room." Ok, put the iPhone/BB down.

It's just interesting to see the way communication is handled these days......oh well.

*This post was cosigned thru a convo with Evie.So I dont feel so crazy for these thoughts.*

3 comments:

Fran said...

I thank God all I usually see in the social media is chicks/dudes bashing their exes/current lovers. That's always more entertaining than mushy shit. The most pathetic thing I've being seeing lately is chicks/dudes whining about how much they want to be in a relationship. It sounds sooo needy. Why do people need to be partnered up to enjoy life? Buy a fucking dildo or fleshlight and keep it moving.

evierobbie. said...

Word! Co-sign in full affect. I'm just happy it wasn't about me and the new relationship.
It's a balance. There are times when he makes my day brighter and I want to speak on it.
But, I completely agree. Funny because Nel and I don't even have it that we're in a relationship online.

NightFall914 said...

@Frankie
LMAO @ Fleshlight

@Evie
Naw your good.You keep a nice balance....plus after the whole 1yr over seas thing u get some understanding. ;)

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade