Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Respect the Power of Words


I never call you my bitch or even my boo
There’s so much in a name and so much more in you - Common

Boo & Bitch. Two worwds thrown around like so many others. I love this  quote because it speaks to my communicative pet peeves and overall respect for the power of what we speak. Ask any woman that's been around me when's the last time they heard me call a woman "bitch". The idea of my calling female "boo" is equally unlikely I call folk what they are cuz it matters. My words hold heavy weight. 

I could take it farther then just the addressing of ladies but I dont want to get that deep into it. In a society that is over the top with everything it's nice to know that some folk still measure their words appropriately.

S/O: Doll Face Hustler

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade