Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Open Marriage Humpington?????


I think I've spoken before on my disagreement with open marraiages. I would never tell a couple that practices this that their wrong but in my view it wouldn't work for me. It defeats the purpose. So anyway apparently Monika touched on this subject for an upcoming magazine interview.

“Let me say this: I have not had sex outside my marriage with Sidney,”

Despite her constant claims of an open union with hubby Sidney Hicks, Mo’Nique reveals that she doesn’t stray – but she may not be able to say the same about her better half.

“Let me say this: I have not had sex outside my marriage with Sidney,” the Academy Award nominee says in this year’s 29th – and final – Barbara Walters Oscar special.

“Could Sid have sex outside of his marriage with me? Yes. That’s not a deal-breaker. That’s not something that would make us say, ‘Pack your things and let’s end the marriage.’”

And what if the “Precious” star discovered that Hicks had, well, stepped out more than once? No sweat.

“What if it’s 20 times?” asks the open-minded actress. “So what? We’ve been best friends for over 25 years, and we truly know who we are. Oftentimes, people get into marriages and they don’t know who they’re laying next to. I’m very comfortable and secure with my husband.”


It comes off as very insecure to me.I mean who wouldn't rush to get married if you could still get ya pleasure from other people?

Via Necole Bitchie & NY Daily News

4 comments:

Goddess Intellect said...

Wow...I love Monique but can not co-sign on this one nooooo sireeee. While I think there may always be a possibility of cheating occuring during the duration of a life long commitment its certainly not something I would sign off on.
I'm not open to receiving the bodily fluids and dead skin cells of another man/woman. There is way too much disease out there...this is not like back in the day where as long as the woman was taken of she would turn a blind eye to the shit...
I used to fuckin think the same way she did...but I did so to intrigue the other person- Fuck that.
I'm in no rush to settle with someone who will not comit mind body and soul to me...too much at stake

Wizzy Jr. said...

Hey, it might work for some people. As for me, when the time comes that I EVER get married, my marriage will be open to the extent of sharing things TOGETHER. The sex will be one of them. You married ME, you fuck ME and ME ONLY! I'm greedy when it comes to that shit.

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

OPEN RELATIONSHIPS ARE THE PRODUCT OF HUMAN SELFISHNESS AND SLOTH!

Fran said...

If you can't give 100% of yourself to someone, WHY get married?? Why bother? First of all, there are too many diseases out here. Is it because she doesn't think she's good enough/worthy of his commitment? I guess if I didn't shave my legs, I'd expect my man to cheat too o_O

you don't go giving your man a free pass to cheat when YOU'RE the bread winner of the family.

C'MON SON!!

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade