Monday, May 17, 2010

The Power of "Print Scn".Aint no rules in this.



I've seen it in a few instances.I've seen it done by folk who don't know that I know. And I always wonder, do we own anything that is displayed on our screen. If I'm chatting or in an IM with you do you have assumed ownership of whats on the screen. Is it a matter of, "Well you're willing doing or saying it so I have all the rights to copy it?" Many people do believe that.
How would you feel is conversation of any type was copied and posted publically without your express permission?

2 comments:

Fran said...

I'm guilty of this, but it's never anything person and it never has any names attached lol
I usually ask too...well no, I tell.

Nik said...

I've never really given much thought to this issue, but thanks for bringing it to the forefront of my mind. I don't think people should assume ownership of what's on their screen. Permission from the other party should be asked and given before they proceed to use it publicly or even privately amongst other friends.

Great topic!

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade