Sunday, August 23, 2009

As the summer wraps up...

The summer is coming to a close and soon it'll be cool fall weather. And as I mentally get myself for the 2nd half of the year. I'm dealing with serious adjustments in the way I deal with various people. This year thus far has been full of numerous changes in the priorities of my friends and associates. Some people focused on self improvements, some got sucked up into the whirlwind that is "love" while others simply "did them". Among these various groups of people, at one point or another I've made gestures to see whats good with people and maintain (re-establish) relationships. Interestingly enough this resulted in me not seeing many people I usually interact with while seeing people who I usually don't see that often.

Yes, the familiar faces got very distant this year. And this made me think of just how much energy I'd want to use in trying to reach these people. In recent conversations with Evie and Mz.J, I've spoken on my deliberate intentions to hold people more accountable for their actions or in this case their inaction. Jillz agree with the feeling of giving me to others then you get in return. You have to balance that off at some point. In addition to that Evita also agreed, adding that

"we at an age where it's not just about how you treat me but how you treat others"
That's so true. I don't want people around me that are assholes to the world but great people to me. I need individuals of consistency in my circle. That extends to the digital world. I know too many people who's online persona don't match reality. And have even had some folk forget just who their speaking to and bring that cyber attitude to me.....smh.

I started the year focused on personal improvement and growth through accountability. And that theme has not changed. It just now extends outward to my the people in my space. Cuts have been made already and more may need to be. All I can say is that I cut no one off from my love and feelings, but rather, you're cut off from the usually limitless amount of personal energy I would devote to being concerned about you. If I don't warrant your thoughts and replies then my energies can be better used elsewhere.

0 comments:

 
Blog layout tweaked by Shade